CRIMINAL FISCAL LAW
The complexity of tax law is increasing, while compliance with it is to be ensured by constantly tightened regulations of tax law. The current political discussion documents a clearly changed awareness of the criminal liability and criminal nature of tax evasion.
Whereas in the past tax offences were often considered a trivial offence, today the majority of the general public also condemns tax evasion as a criminal offence. This leads to a considerable increase in the risk of criminal tax investigations focusing on private individuals and companies. Once the investigating authorities, i.e. the tax investigation department or the public prosecutor’s office have started their work, a lot is at stake. In addition to severe penalties, there is also the threat of substantial back taxes and other financial consequences. We represent you and take over the defence if it comes to a preliminary investigation or a main hearing. If the tax evasion is still undiscovered, we support you in making a voluntary disclosure.
Our clients include private individuals, companies and their corporate bodies as well as their consultants. In the preparation for criminal tax proceedings, the risks of punishment and the consequences for the assets must be determined.
In cooperation with the external tax consultants of our clients or with our cooperation partners, we combine the necessary qualifications and many years of practical knowledge.
The firm Sedlatzek Lawyers is a competent contact for:
- Advice in connection with a self-disclosure pursuant to § 371 of the German Tax Code
- The defence in criminal cases for tax evasion and/or tax reduction
- Defence in value added tax and customs evasion proceedings
- Tax treatment of bribes (allegations of corruption and their consequences under criminal tax law)
- Undeclared capital income or illicit money abroad
- Tax-law expert opinions
- Appeals against search, seizure, arrest and forfeiture